About the Firm
Vermont Lawyer Fights for Motorists Accused of Drunk Driving
Berlin firm handles criminal defense and personal injury matters statewide
Being arrested on a drunk driving charge puts your freedom and driving privileges at risk. Even when the allegations are questionable, accused motorists often surrender their fundamental rights because they’re embarrassed or believe that no viable defense exists. The Berlin law office of Stephen J. Craddock stands up for clients throughout Vermont who are accused of driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs. I have more than 30 years of experience litigating criminal defense and personal injury cases and use that background to fight on behalf of people facing difficult legal challenges. My detailed understanding of the law that governs DUI enforcement and testing gives clients an advantage as they seek a dismissal, an acquittal or a fair plea agreement.
Skillful litigator counters charges of operating a vehicle while intoxicated
For more than three decades, I’ve established a formidable track record by winning exceptional results for Vermont clients. Every person the firm represents benefits from my:
- Strong reputation — Through service as an advocate and acting criminal court judge in five Vermont counties, I have earned the respect of professional colleagues, clients and the community at large.
- Hands-on approach — Many DUI charges are based on flawed information or overzealous enforcement. I won’t just take authorities at their word: I will press to unearth the truth about what occurred to offer a defense strategy based on the facts.
- Caring advocacy — Dealing with a criminal allegation or serious injury is a traumatic event. While seeking justice for clients, I never lose sight of the personal toll that litigation can take. That’s why you can rely on open communication and compassionate treatment at every stage of your case.
Asserting your rights shouldn’t be prohibitively expensive. My firm provides a free initial consultation so you can get an informed perspective on how to proceed.
Areas of Practice
Established Capital Region attorney protects fundamental rights
In Vermont’s Capital Region and throughout the state, my firm represents clients in cases relating to:
- DUI defense — Whether you’re facing a drunk driving charge for the first time or risk a harsh sentence because it’s not your first offense, I will battle to challenge the evidence brought against you.
- Criminal defense — I deliver effective criminal defense counsel in all types of cases, including those involving alleged sexual offenses, assaults and drug crimes.
- Personal injury — In personal injury matters, my firm works tirelessly to hold negligent parties accountable and collect appropriate damages through a verdict or settlement.
- Theft — My firm defends against theft prosecutions whether they arise from simple shoplifting counts or sophisticated white collar crime allegations.
- Auto accidents — If you have been hurt in an auto accident, my firm will assist with your insurance claims and litigation to collect proper reimbursement for damages such as medical expenses and lost wages. I am very familiar with the special considerations that exist in crashes involving trucks and motorcycles and can press for the full compensation you deserve.
Whether you face a criminal charge or seek damages for an injury, I will assess the facts of your case and develop a targeted strategy that gives you the best chance for a favorable result.
Contact a dedicated Vermont DUI defense lawyer for a free initial consultation
Stephen J. Craddock represents Vermont motorists who have been accused of driving under the influence of alcohol. My firm also handles other types of criminal defense matters along with personal injury actions. Please call 802-552-0353 or contact me online
to schedule a free initial consultation at my Berlin office.